Mission: The Community Engagement Division is an integral part of Sheriff Craig D. Owens, Sr’s overall Core Values strategy. The Community Engagement team is tasked to work closely with churches, religious groups, civic organizations, schools, and others to strengthen ties and restore trust between the community and law enforcement. Donations to the Foundation help enhance community engagement programs throughout the community.
As a part of our 2021-2022 Community Engagement Initiatives support was provided to the following:
The Cobb Sheriff’s Foundation, Inc. strives to assist those in need throughout our community. As a part of our 2021-2022, initiatives within community engagement we offered our support to the Sweetwater Missions’ Children’s Summer Food Program. In their efforts to provide 2,500 meals to children across the county, we donated to the cause. We hope others throughout the community will do the same.
Support was provided to the Jamal Thorpe Memorial Inaugural Scholarship administered by a ministry at Turner Chapel AME. The scholarship was established to honor the memory of Jamal Thorpe, who was 18 years old, when he tragically passed.
The Cobb Sheriff’s Foundation, Inc. held it’s inaugural golf outing at Pinetree Country Club and established a relationship with Golf Pro Gene Siller. We along with the community and the golfing world were in shock to hear of his tragic passing. During the golf tournament, the foundation displayed a memorial wreath on the 10th hole and confirmed a donation to the memorial fund through the PGA of Georgia in his honor.
- Safe Kids Cobb County was created in 1991 by its lead agencies. The coalition has grown to include representatives from community, government, nonprofit, and for-profit organizations.
- Allatoona Creek Composite Mountain Bike Team. The Allatoona MTB Team has been around for eight years; managing high school and middle school mountain biker student athletes. We were elated to provide a sponsorship to the Team.
- GIGI’s Girls is a faith-based home dedicated to serving girls ages 13-19 who are victims of sex trafficking. In addition to safe housing, we provide individual and group trauma-informed therapy with a licensed therapist, home-school, mentoring, life skills and daily self-confidence building activities.
- Caring for Others is an international human services organization that provides food, clothing, and a continuum of services to families struggling with the effects of a natural disaster, impoverished circumstances, and temporary misfortune.
- Care & Compassion Fund is used to recognize Deputies and Civilian employees for their hard work, dedication, and years of service in the Sheriff’s Office. This recognition is inaugural for the Sheriff’s Office.